- A DLL (cygwin1.dll) which acts as a Linux API emulation layer providing substantial Linux API functionality.
- A collection of tools which provide Linux look and feel.
Cygwin official page
This page explain how to install Cygwin and faster if you stayed in Thailand.
- Download installer from
- Double click the Install.exe from above downloaded.
- The program will be shown as below and then just click Next.
- Choose the download source at first we select installation from Internet
- Select the Root Installation folder, which you want to install. For the another check box please used the default setting.
- Select Local Package folder which you want to keep package before install
- Select the Internet connection, we choose the Direction connection for put mirror URL
- Add the the http://www.mirror.in.th/cygwin/ into "User URL" box and click Next